Want to make a niche for yourself in the beauty industry? Think about barbering!
This course consists of training in men’s haircuts and facial services. Completion of this 600-hour course results in the awarding of a certificate and qualifies graduates to apply for a New York State Barber Operator License.
Skills and Style!
“Everything old is new again” or so the saying goes, and barbering is no exception. The word “Barber” brings up a lot of old fashioned images – but modern barbering is a whole new adventure. The new barber is trained in the traditional skills, with an eye to the cutting-edge of men’s grooming. Men today are looking for their own place: a place where they feel comfortable receiving services that are designed specifically for them, and a person who is dedicated to providing those services.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Chemistry
- Business Practices & Shop Management
- Facial Massage & Treatments
- Hair Structure & Analysis
- Hair Structure & Treatments/Shampoo
- Mustache & Goatee Design & Trimming
- Professionalism & Job Skills
- Safety, Sanitation & Infection Control
- Hair/Scalp Treatments/Shampoo/Tonic Applications