Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from you through our website(s), when we speak with you over the phone or in person by an Austin’s School of Spa Technology representative or by postcards and forms filled out by you.
In addition, each time you visit our website(s), website analytical information is collected, which is generally not personally identifiable, but includes but is not limited to:
- IP Address
- Access Date, Day of Week, Time of Day
- Connection Speed
- Country, State, DMA, City (related to IP Address)
- Browser, Operating System, Device
This information is used to see how you are finding our website(s), navigating them and what pages you visit. We do this so we can make our sites more useful and relevant to our visitors. This information may be linked with personal information.
Information You Provide
Austin’s School of Spa Technology collects, uses and discloses personal information that you provide us voluntarily when you respond to an advertisement, a survey, or a request for information. The following is a list of the types of information we may collect:
- First, Middle, Last or Previous Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Email Address
- Day or Evening Telephone Number
- Cell Phone Number
- Authority to contact you via text message
- High School Graduation Year
- Campus of Interest
- Program of Interest
- Military Affiliation
- Prior Education History
- High School Diploma
- How You Heard of Us
- Social Security Number
- Credit Card Number
- Other Financial Information
- Social Networking Information
- Street Address, City, State, Country, Zip Code
How We Use Your Information
Austin’s School of Spa Technology will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
We use your information in the following ways:
- to determine your admissibility and to register you for your selected educational programs;
- to provide requested products and services;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to administer promotions to which you have indicated an interest;
- for our internal marketing purposes, which includes, but is not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you;
- for fostering communication and collaboration;
- for sharing with our educational partners who may contact you with respect to their educational or marketing services;
- for sharing with our educational partners or business associates who are performing services on our behalf;
- to analyze how websites and services are being accessed and used;
- to improve website and service performance and delivery;
- to analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences;
- to analyze risk and business results;
- to obtain payment for services that we provide to you;
- to maintain business records for reasonable periods;
In connection with the uses set forth above, we may use text messages to provide you with various communications. Further, when you provide us with a cellular, wireless, or mobile telephone number as your contact number, you agree that you are providing us with your express consent to receive calls using text messages related to your enrollment. If you do not wish to receive these updates on your cellular or mobile phone, please provide us with a LAN-based telephone number.
Your financial information will be used to provide requested products and services, to analyze operational and business results, to analyze risk, and for concluding your registration or other transaction you have initiated with us.
Student Educational Records
If you are or become a student at Austin’s School of Spa Technology, your educational records are subject to the U.S. federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state laws and Mildred Elley policies. You may review the FERPA policy in the academic catalog.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. At any time, if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email or other communication. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and contact information and the type of communication you would like to be opted out of: email, phone, mailings, etc.
Appropriate safeguards will be implemented in an effort to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we will utilize such measures, we do not guarantee you against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control, and you provide information to us at your own risk.
Monitoring of Communications
We may monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications for training purposes.
Contact Us or Access Your Information
Austin’s School of Spa Technology
1 Park Place, Floor 3
Albany, NY 12205