Please call for the most up-to-date clinic hours as they vary each semester based on class schedules.
Salon and spa services are reserved especially for you. In fairness to our clients, students, and staff please call a minimum of 24 hours in advance for all cancellations. Failure to notify the salon of your cancellation within 24 hours will subject you to a $10 cancellation fee. In the event that you miss 3 consecutive appointments without notifying the salon, you will only be considered for walk-in services.
For Salon Appointments
Please call us at 518-786-3131 to make an appointment!
For Massage Appointments
If this is your first time either getting a massage or coming to the Mildred Elley student clinic, let us put your mind at ease with the expectations list of your appointment:
- Check in with the receptionist and fill out paperwork, which will take down general personal and health information.
- Please turn off all electronic devices.
- Your therapist, a Mildred Elley massage therapy student, will review your paperwork and ask if you have any health issues you want to discuss.
- Your therapist will then leave you in your private or semi-private room to undress (at your own comfort level). Lay down on the massage table under the clean white linens to await your session.
- Your therapist will ask if it’s okay to enter the room, and if okay, will proceed with the massage session.
- Your therapist will softly speak to you during your massage, turn on soothing music and massaging your body with oil or lotion, whichever you prefer.
- The student therapists are trained to be extremely discreet and cognizant of your comfort level and will always ensure you are not exposed—areas not being massaged will be covered by linen.
- You may speak during your session or lay silent with your eyes closed—we want you to be comfortable during your experience. You may find the session more enjoyable if you refrain from talking; this will also allow the therapist to concentrate. If the pressure is too much or too little, please let your student therapist know.
- After your session, the therapist will leave the room to allow you to relax in silence and take time to rouse your idle body.
- You will also have privacy to redress.
- Leave the room when you are ready to come out.
For questions or to schedule a massage therapy appointment, please contact us or fill out the form below:
855 Central Avenue Albany, NY 12206
100 West Street Pittsfield, MA 01201