Locally Grown, Locally Owned!
Located in Albany, NY, the capital of New York state, Austin’s School of Spa Technology has been the Capital District’s leading educator of beauty and spa professionals since 1930.
The history of the school extends to over eighty years ago, when the Austin School of Beauty Culture was founded in 1930 by Catherine M. Austin Motl. The school was owned and operated by the Austin family until 2005.
In 2005, in recognition of the contribution of the Austin family, and repositioning the school for growth and development, was renamed the Austin’s School of Spa Technology.
Throughout the years and to this day, the school has emphasized the union of theory and practice in educating its students. Academically rigorous and practically excellent, the Austin’s School of Spa Technology is one of the leaders in career-oriented higher education, helping students achieve their dreams in the careers they love.
The mission of Austin’s School of Spa Technology is to provide an education that is learner-centered, theoretically grounded, and practically rigorous in order to prepare students for their chosen career paths in the beauty, spa, and other related industries.
- Train students to successfully pass New York State licensure exams;
- Encourage, through instruction, the use of critical thinking, problem solving, and positive interpersonal communication that are vital to professional success;
- Prepare students for the expectations and demands of their industry;
- Instill a sense of ethical responsibility and professionalism in each student;
- Promote self-awareness and the development of individual creativity.
- Provide instruction that allows students to engage with knowledge in a deep, meaningful way;
- Incorporate a variety of teaching methods that respects different learning styles and preferences;
- Promote an appreciation of diversity by including differing perspectives and recognizing the value of multiplicity in the learning environment;
- Encourage the development of learning communities;
- Afford opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.